Okay - srsly, I really love both
websites and I like it to be there with my Watchers/Followers.
But let us be honest, every website have their "black sheep" and aren't perfect. People on deviantART sometimes call Tumblr-user "Dumblrs", while people on Tumblr are whining and bashing about deviantART, that it is so stupid, the "eilte people and famous artists" are so rude, unfriendly, and so on.
But there's one account on Tumblr, that really pisses me off. I won't tell you the name - I guess Tumblr-people will know it anyway.
This special account makes so-called confessions about deviantART and other websites and I often read things like: "I really hate people on deviantART make Thank-You-Journals about their pageviews, watchers, favs, features, getting subscriptions, [insert word here]... - GOSH, they're so rude to their watchers and only want attention with it!"
- WRONG! Did you ever think of people are doing this for being REALLY thankful and only happy, people like them on dA, like their artwork and only being happy such a website exists? I'm one of those and I don't make these things to make people angry or to be jealous of it, no, for me it is the only possibility to say thank you for these wonderful people on that website! "If you wanna get a DD, draw nudity, My little Pony, Sonic, or Fella, the mascott! Then you get it!"
- What a bullshit, really.I never got a DD, but it's not the important thing. The most important thing is, you like what you're drawing and you can reach people with it. What is a DD? It's only a feature of dA directly, not less, not more. It isn't even a shit of paper you can get a drawing-job with. It's no award, nothing realistic. It's only something you can be happy about - and believe me that feeling won't be there for long until you're feeling boring again. "I really hate deviantART because the famous people don't draw me requests/commissions!"
- IF a drawer on deviantART does this volunteered it's their own thing, but not every drawer here on deviantART is a slave for you to do your shit, really. Most people here are just for fun, others love doing commissions, others love being with their watchers, others want to become better and searching for critique. Not every drawer is the same person! "I really hate people on deviantART only watch popular artists to get attention."
- As I said, every website has their black sheep but it isn't the fault of the website. "I hate deviantART because of all the Anime-drawings/Cosplays/Nudity section/Photographics... They don't belong there!"
- Definition of (deviant)ART
: Being cerative; Rule: Don't like, don't watch! I hate deviantART for their random popular main site! I don't understand the system and it's only weird. Most people are cheating with their pictures by sending them in 40-50 Groups to get attention and come to the frontpage!"
- Honestly, I don't understand the new system either, but hating a website because of such a feature - oooookay...?
I could rant about so much more. They're also attacking deviantART-artists by saying the NAME and the Tumblr-people come in crowds to that person on deviantART, call them a troll, bastard, idiot and so on - also when these ones are(n't) art-thieves it isn't okay. Guys, we're not in kindergarten here! If you have a problem go to the helpdesk, answer and strike back, DO SOMETHING! But don't whine about it and doing like you were the victim. GNAH. We're here in the internet. Sadly it's fact when you upload something here you always have to be sure it is possible someone steels it. Sadly. Watermark it, make your style special, so everyone can see with one look "That's what XYZ drew! That style is unique!" and most of all, NEVER delete the picture off of the very first website you've ever published it, so you have always evidence it was YOU who made/uploaded it (first).
deviantART isn't perfect, but so it isn't Tumblr or any other website. Deal with it, please.
That's all I have to say at the moment.
Sorry for the rant.